Home is where my heart is...in Bicol

It has been my long time dream to be able to see the beauty of Bicol. I have heard a lot of stories about this place, more of happy memories, and there is something inside me itch to have known the people and see what is it in store for me if I go there.

I've been looking forward to reach Bicol for years... Why!? It is my Papa Mings hometown. Papa ming was born in Burabod,Bulan Sorsogon, eldest of the couple Servando and Susana Gobres.

Sorsogon is located in the Southernmost part of Luzon, Bicol province, Region V. It can be reached by land via bus  or by plane bound to Legaspi. It is found at the tip of Peninsula and faces Samar. Road is from intersection from Trece or Sta. Teresita (tatlong lion) to the Pier.

My filed leave was approved for March 30, luckily it was after my two days rest day, since it is hard to get an approved leave in our office, I decided to take advantage of it and visit my favorite tito's in bicol.

I lined at the queue to get my ticket at around 3:00 pm at Philtranco bus terminal, at around 3:30 I was at the ticket booth and was informed no need to get my ticket and just pay at the bus conductor bound to Bulan. Good thing there were still seats in the window area.

The bus left the terminal at around 4:10 pm. This is the start of my 13 hours trip to my next adventure. I tried to sleep but I can't since my seatmate is a guy. I'm afraid that he is a bad guy.πŸ˜‚ I asked him where he is bound and he said Bulan..when he seemed to be asleep.. then I decided to take a nap as well. After 2 hours we were at Turbina terminal, just  5 minute stop for a pee break.

At around 7:43 pm we were in Candelaria quezon, it was  20 minute stopped. I had my dinner it was sweet n sour fish for 115 with rice. I joined and shared the table with my seatmate. We chatted for a while and I asked for his last name. It started with letter I and I forgot.. I asked him why it was I since it is supposed to be G.. Since I was informed that then last name starts from a-z and in Burabod it is G, that's us Gobres😊 he said that it is his moms and they just relocated to the place.. But his father's last name is G. Curious as I was. I asked him what he did in manila.. He said he just did some paperwork and then go back in the afternoon..

At the back of my seat , there was a father of two kids and they were for a vacation.. Same with the two kids..the long ride for them was boring though, i can see them eating quails egg from.every bus stop, the little girl smiled at me and shyly offered her food.

By 9:00 pm the bus was in total silence no more loud chitchats..sa wakas napagod din sila😊. When I woked up, it was 2:30 am and we were in Daraga Albay. I texted my tito mavit about my location, and texted my uncle boyong.  Uncle boyong calls me from time to time to check my location and to avoid deep sleep.

At around 4am we were in Sorsogon city.. Tito mavit said to go near front seat since by 30 minutes, I will reach Trece. where my stop is.

I told the driver to drop me at Trece. He asked me if it is my first time and I said yes.. He said : ingat ka sa pag baba my aswang dun, kakainin ka ng tatlong Leon. I know aswang is not real, but I'm afraid coz its only 4:30 am.

By 4:34 am I was at Trece or tatlong leon crossing, it is called trece because it ia 13 km from bulan, and it is sta. Teresita. It was cold like tagaytay. 

A tricycle driver asked me if I am going to Baham Gobres and I said yes, then he pointed a guy waiting in front of the store and it was my tito baham!  Hurray!!! I thought I still need to ride a trike.. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ coz tito mavit said I will get a discount if I say baham gobres.



In here I met mycousin vieve and tita abe and doggy Aki for the first time.







By 7:30 am we went to Burabod, where tito Mavit is staying.. I was welcomed by my tita azon, tita thela, tita ellen. Wow it was really a warm welcome. They were complete. Yung feeling na kahit first time palang mag kita patang antagal nang magkakilala..ang saya! Kwentuhan, kamustahan.. 





Sabi ko sa tito ko turuan nya ko ng mga byahe byahe para maka alis na ko and sab nia wag na daw, may van daw.wow!!


i showed them my itenerary and they told me it's hard to commute since there are no jeepneys, and that they have the van.. i thought i will be travelling alone and start my bicol adventure, but what happened was way much better and of course it was really an amazing trip since they all decided to tour me around!! 

My cousins even closed their stores and my tita tazon and tita Abe as well, we were all excited and eager at the same time as it is also their first time to visit the other places I wanted to see..

The way they welcomed me was so overwhelming as they were complete that day, I felt I was a part of the family way back and for a very long time.. Maybe because, I really wanted to be a part of a happy family, a family I could call my own, where I don't get to decide what I will do, but the elders.  And where my mind will stop thinking of other things, and for a time not to decide on my own... i guessed, i think my heart really belong in Bicol.







Our first stop was at the Masacrot hot spring, it was where my Lola Susana, used to bathe.  We passed along other hot springs as well in Irosin, Sorsogon. Second stop was at the Lake Bulusan, it lies at the heart of Bulusan Volcano National Park.


masacrot hot spring, eto daw ang paboriyong liguan ng lola ko





Second stop was  Barcelona Church, also known as the St. joseph parish church.which was made by the Franciscans in 1874 located in Barcelona, Sorsogon. It is one of the oldest and considered one of the beautiful churches in Bicol region.








Its walls were made by of coral rocks no steels and cement were used, instead beaten egg whites and a local wine mixed with lime were used as adhesive.

Fronting the church acrossed the street is a park and ruins of a century -old buildings.

We had our lunch at  surf camp in Gubat sorsogon. We ate grilled fish we bought in Irosin Market, ang sarap kumain lalo na at salo salo! 



We had our pictures taken and then went on another trip, this time, we took a dip at San Mateo Spring. It was so hot we could cook boiled egg. Fresh and clear water indeed!


Around 6:00pm we headed home, shungie cooked ginataang pato for me,it was so delicious!! She really cooked it well.. After dinner tito mavit set the videoke and my cousins started to sing, it seems i was on a concert, they really sang so good, i even had it recorded, indeed my first day was a great adventure!!




Back to manila...thank you is not enough.. My first time in sorsogon is truly a wonderful experience.. I am thankful to all my titos and titas and cousins who made my first day such memorable.. These even made my last day of stay making me think twice to go..looking at their happy faces prepairing food and pabaon and taking time to be with me at the bus terminal...







Thank you for the time for you even closed the stores to  tour me around..

My heart will always stay where family is..in Bicol.. Thank you.

Pabakal,masacrot, luto, udoπŸ˜›

Till my next long rd. 😚 i hope dis time with mama mel😚


#gobresfamily #burabod #irosin #butad

Comments

Popular Posts