A visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Manoag

It was my first time to travel alone to Pangasinan Manaog, I was supposed to have my trip with my officemates to Ilocos, but unfortunately, we had a change in our SIL application, and with that, I decided to travel on my own, not in Ilocos, but to Manaog and Baguio a change of itineraries as well.



I arrived at Dagupan transit in Cubao at around 10:45, departure time is  11:30 pm. The bus is new and has a good air conditioning unit, not to mention that the fare price is very good, especially to those who are on a tight budget.  We had two stop over, first was in Dau.  I just slept during the trip.

The bus arrived in Manaog Pangasinan at around 3:30 am, it was still dark, and the church was still closed. I saw a seven eleven (7-11 convenience store) and headed there. Inside the store were other travelers  waiting for the first mass. Always remember to smile back and be friendly :). I had my creamy cheese hot dog sandwich, bottled water, brewers coffee, and polo mint for P76.00.
My breakfast
After eating, I went to the church to see if it's open already. Bought two candles, 1 is for my wish and the other one is for thanksgiving.



Manaog Church at dawn




While waiting for the mass to start, I had my chance to go at the back of the church to light my candles. And the most awaited moment happened, I was at the back of the chapel alone with Our Lady of Manaog, our precious Marian, so lucky, I had my chance to see and talked to her alone, it seems like my worries and pain subsided... it seems that she's telling me to go on, keep my faith and keep strong. She knew I waited for that moment, to tell her everything,maybe the reason why it was just I who went there alone, maybe it was fate..after a few moments of praying while holding her mantle, i felt relieved...  




The Mass ended at 6:00 am. Then I went to look for the van terminal bound to the City of Pines, Baguio.



P10.00 per balot. Puto Calasiao
After the mass, don't forget to go home without buying the "puto calasiao" specialty of Pangasinan.

 Manaog Pangasinan is a 5 hours trip from Cubao. Known for its delicious boneless bangus and puto calasio, and a haven for Marian devotee, the Our Lady of Manaog Church.


On my next post, I will sum up all the expenses for Manaog to Baguio Trip.

Comments

Popular Posts