Day 1: City of Pines - Leonard Woods Walk Tour






Baguio City is a highly urbanized city located in the province of Benguet. It is also known as the summer capital of the Philippines.

Baguio is also known for its famous festival held during the month of February, the "Panagbenga Festival or "Flower Festival". It is a month long celebration, a tribute to the City's flowers and way to rise up from the devastation of the 1990 Luzon earthquake. The festival also includes street dancing, presented by dancers clad in flower inspired costumes, that is inspired by the Bendian an Ibaloi dance of celebration that came from the Cordillera region.

After an hour drive from Manaog, I reached Baguio City at around 8:30 am.I rode a taxi from Pines terminal to SM Baguio and asked the cab driver if he know a transient house I could stay, he was so snob and answered me with a short "wala", (none in english).So I decided to look for a place to stay in front of SM Baguio.

I was able to find a boarding house who offers a short stay stay and costs me P 500.00 for 1 day. The owner was so nice and very accommodating.

At 10:30 am, I decided to start my first tour, I walkked my way to Baguio Cathedral, had my prayers, took photos and then left to take my lunch. I already decided on where to dine, I just asked a few locals on where Good Taste is located. I just walked from the Church to Good Taste.It is located at the Back of the Central Mall. A kind guy walked with me to the famous resto.


Chicken Asado, with Siomai soup and Mountain Dew for only P135.00 . You may also try their Lechon Kawali and Lumpiang Shanghai :))


I had Good Taste's rice toppings, Chicken Asado and soup with Siomai and Mountain Dew. They really have a very affordable price.

Next place to visit is the Mines View Park, so after eating, I walked again to the jeep terminal at Session road, near Mc Donalds. I paid P 8.00 for the ride.


At the Mines View Park, you will be able to see lots of stalls for pasalubong, memorabilias and foods such as strawberry jam, lengua de gato, key chains etc.
Red Cross's St. Bernard P50.00 for 1 shot, there were other St.Bernard in the area for a cheaper price P25.00 per shot. Sayang :(


The great part in this place is that if you are travelling alone, and no one to take a photo of you, you will be able to take advantage of those locals whom you could pay for a shot, with St. Bernard dog, the Igorot costume, as well as the horse with pink.

horsey with pink hair, P10 per shot :))

Igorot Costume, unlimited shots :)) P10.00       

At around 2:00 pm, it started to drizzle, so I asked the aling tindera where Good Shepherd is. Good Shepherd is a convent, where the nuns, cooks and bakes goodies  and sell for cordillera scholars.
I bought Ube Jam, for pasalubong, snow balls and peanut brittle. While walking back to the jeep terminal, it started to rain hard and I had no choice but to ride a taxi. This time the taxi driver was so nice, he even dropped me off in front of the house I rented since I do not have an umbrella.

I got home by 3:30 pm, since it was raining, I just went to sleep and woke up at around 7:30 pm.
I was not able to see where 50's Diner is located, so I just went to Session Road and chose a nice place to have my dinner.

I ate dinner at Steak and Toppings and had Pork steak and iced tea for only P99.00

Pork Steak and iced tea P 99.00 :) not bad!




After eating, I decided to go back to my place and call it a day, since I was not able to see the Ukay Ukay in Session road.

Next post is my 2nd day of Leonard Woods walk tour.


Lakwatserang Cavitenia: A visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Manoag

Day 2: Leonard Woods Walk Tour

Manaog to Baguio Iteneraries and Expenses

Comments

Popular Posts